Ro took his second nap of the day early today at daycare, so when I picked him up he came along to the polling place and then we checked out the kid park (about a 10 minute drive from town).
I'd been a bit turned off of going previously by the (admittedly not steep) entry fee for lots of features I thought Ro was too young to appreciate when we moved here. What won me over is that they have a swing-set there which Ro has been lacking. So it was time!
Turns out the park is enormous with multiple playgrounds, picnic areas, a water playground (summer only), a train (not sure when that runs), and a petting zoo. Ronan got to scratch the side of a goat which he liked quite a bit, and he was fascinated by the chickens, turkey, and peacocks. He started laughing immediately in the swing which was lovely, and then we tried the slides. I sat him at the top and held my fingers out for him to grab. When he did I'd guide him down to the bottom. He liked it so much he made what I consider to be his first signed sentence -- he would point at the slide and then make his version of the sign for more. Over and over! Good fun.
We didn't make it out for any evening Halloween activities this year, but I did grab a couple photos of Ro in his bear snowsuit romping in the Fall foliage. Ronan 9-12 mos on Picasa.
No comments:
Post a Comment