Sunday, April 22, 2012

Another month, another month-day


  
Dream Ronan.................................................Less dreamy Ronan

It's almost summer!  The weather has been lovely and the end of the semester is in sight.  Life continues binky-free, though bedtimes have gotten harder and a lot later.  I'm writing this in a darkened bedroom with a child who is wired and tired and refuses to sleep (and is coming up with every imaginable excuse for why I need to pick him up).  Just a second ago: "I need my sunglasses."  I had an easier time ignoring that one than "I need to go potty."


Potty training is new this month!  Just a few days after I started a chart to remind myself to fit manuscript writing in around everything else at work, Ronan helped make his first potty chart.  A week later D started a running log.  Ronan's chart is definitely the coolest, and also the most full!


  
(Guess which is which)

Also new is complex rationalizing.  Ro understands that arguments are powerful, but not quite how to structure a logical one.  Witness: "I cannot eat my yogurt because Maile might be scratching something."

On Easter, Ronan had his first egg hunt, which he loved.  He helped dye the eggs and was just a little competitive about finding them before his buddy Ethan.  Since the weather warmed up he's been spending a lot of time outdoors, helping plant seeds, riding his bike and riding it some more.
 
Egg hunt!.................... Balance bike............................................Fort Forsythia

Finally, D got a drum kit this month which Ronan enjoyed greatly.  
  
Making music

The mouths of babes:

3/26 (With me in the changing room while I bought some jeans):
R: Mama, are they too tight?
R: Mama, is it comfortable?
[The fire alarm went off while we were in the store and it was not a disaster.  Progress!]

3/28
R: It's a gor-geous sun
A: You're gorgeous
R: No you're gorgeous
A: No you're gorgeous

3/28
R: I miss my binky
A: Your binky is gone.  Do you miss it?
R: Yeah, and I miss Tata and Boo
A: They're coming to visit you
R: Yeah, and I will say Hi Tata and Boo!

4/11
R: I like family hugs

4/15 (D blows nose)
R: (runs in) Is there a rhinoceros in here?!

4/20: (Josie crying, Ro toddles up on his bike) 
R: It's okay Josie, I'm here

4/21
A (carrying Ro across campus): You're heavy
R: Yeah, and I'm so so pretty

4/21: Thanks for knowing me there was a bumble bee

4/21
A: I graded two labs
R: I don't want you to cut those up with a grater.  Then the cheese won't go in it cuz it's smashed up with the grater.  Grate cheese!   

1 comment: