Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October


Playing the air trumpet
Another busy month!  A lot of science happened, we had visits from Grossvater & Oma and Nana & Papa, there was a birthday party, trail-making in the woods, Music Together classes, a conference for mama, and some of bedraggled late-night getting-it-all-done-time.  

Fall is in full swing with colors everywhere, leaves on the ground, and a hard frost.  We harvested the basil just in time (for pesto!).  Now the beds are empty and it's just a matter of time (days? months?) before snow.

Ronan went on his first field trip (in a bus!) to go apple picking in a nearby town.  Although I couldn't chaperone, I've heard there was enough cuteness to die for.

Not much else to say this month except has it really been a whole month already?  Aside from that, I'll let Ronan speak for himself.

Pictures are here


Quotes
9/30:
R: I'm your mom.  So I will take care of you.

~
R: We're building a tower.  But towers usually have a big one of these [reaches arms up] on top.  Like a steeple.  

10/3: 
[holding up phone toy]
Fall!!!!
- Hi papa, how are you doing?
- Um, sure!
- I have a beard
- and I'm sorting laundry
- Bye bye!

10/15:
R: Will you dilly dally with me daddy?

~
R: I'm gonna pet you.  I'm your friend the rooster.

~
R: Daddy, I'm getting smarter.

10/18:
R: [motioning to toys] This girl is carrying a boy.  Because he ask-ed her to carry him.  Yeah, because he was too tired to walk.  Because he didn't have a nap today.  So that's why she's carrying him.

~

Watch out...I pretend to bite
[the aftermath of that somewhat misconstrued nature video from last week]
R: These are my eggs inside a cave.  Try to steal them!
A: I got one
R: No!!  I'm a goose and these are for my babies
A: How about I take some for my babies
R: But we have the same babies.
A: And these eggs are for them?
R: Yes, and you're the mommy.  HONK HONK HONK.

10/21:
In a couple weeks, my daddy's beard is gonna turn gray.

~
D: What are you eating for dessert?
R: A frog?

Fun phrase: Tickle, pickle, pumpernickle.


No comments:

Post a Comment