Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baby data!

Ever the scientists, D and I have taken to keeping certain records related to Ronan's patterns. For the first three months of his life I logged every nursing (!), ostensibly because it was hard to remember when he last ate and if he might be fussing because he was hungry vs. something else. But after a while this had a lot more to do with the fact that I was in the habit, having started it in the hospital with iBaby or whatever that iphone app was called that allowed us to actually answer the nurses when they came by every so often and asked us when our unnamed baby last ate/slept/peed/pooped.

One consequence of those records is that I can't really forget that Ronan nursed every 2-3 hrs around the clock for a total of 6 HOURS a day for a very long time. Another is that he's going to have the weirdest "baby book" ever.

The sleep records below were started in attempt to understand when Ro was taking his naps which seemed totally chaotic, and when to put him to bed. Two months later we have a much nicer custom data sheet on his bedroom door, he has transitioned fully from three naps to two, he's started going to bed a full hour earlier without getting up earlier, and generally has become a quite regular baby. Except when he's not. (He still fights going to sleep, and he still wakes up 0-5 times a night with 0 being rare.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure his baby book will look like many other spawn-of-biologist baby books. *g*

    Glad to hear he's sleeping longer! Gotta sleep to grow, kid.

    ReplyDelete